Acne Scars Treatment
Scars are often left behind on the skin due to the inflammation of acne. Scars show themselves as either darker pigmentation on the skin, or raised scars caused by too much collagen production in efforts to heal the wound. Scars caused by acne can be quite bothersome to a patient. However, at the American Aesthetic Medical Center, we offer several types of treatments to treat and remove common skin scars caused by acne.
Very High Success Rate
Signs and Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of acne scars may be different for every patient. Recognizing these signs helps to get appropriate treatment before they ruin your skin. The first sign of the acne scar appears after lesion or cyst heals in the form of change in color or texture. Color changes are mostly not scars, but a condition called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It usually fades over time. If acne lesions become severely inflamed or filled with pus, skin becomes vulnerable to scarring. Scars may appear in the form of depressions in the skin called pitted scars and raised marks called superficial scars.
Acne Scar Treatment
- Dermabrasion:- this type of treatment removes or reduces the depth of scars through the use of a high speed brush to resurface the skin. It can take several days to heal from this type of treatment.
- Micro-Dermabrasion:- this is a less intensive type of Dermabrasion in which very small crystals are sprayed on the surface skin to exfoliate the top layer. More than one treatment is usually required and it does not have a downtime.
- Laser:- ; Lasers can be used to remove the top layer of the skin, lighten redness around healed acne lesions or contour areas of acne scarring. Different types of lasers can be used depending on whether the acne scar is flat or raised. More than one treatment session may be needed, and healing take several days.
- Chemical peels:- these reduce the appearance of post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation around a healed acne lesion and shallow acne scars. It usually removes the top layer of the skin giving it a smoother and more even appearance.
- Fillers:- Certain types of acne scars can be treated using hyaluronic-based fillers, collagen, or fat injections. These fill out deep acne scars to create an even skin surface.
- Punch excisions:- these type of treatment removes acne scars by individually cutting out or excising the scar. The hole left by the incision is repaired with either a skin graft or stitches. This technique treats mostly pitted acne scars.
- Skin grafting:- in this technique, a small piece of the patient’s skin is used to fill in an area of scarred skin. The skin grafts are normally taken from behind the ears. This technique is often used when Dermabrasion has left a large tunnel on the skin.
The main benefit of an Acne scar treatment is rejuvenated and clear skin. Since everyone is different, the expected results of an Acne scar treatment might vary from person to person, but benefits typically include:
- Restoration of self-confidence
- No more hiding of face under piles of makeup
- Rejuvenated skin
- Acne scar free skin
Before & After
FINALLY COMFORTABLE GOING OUTSIDE WITH NO MAKEUP ONThe skin-care specialist is amazing and after only 2 laser treatments for acne my skin is already looking so much better. In over 15 years I have never had clear skin and I am finally comfortable going outside with NO makeup on. Highly recommend!
I HAVE STRUGGLED FOR YEARSThanks to American Aesthetics Medical Center my skin has never looked better. I have struggled with acne and old acne scars for years. They completely got rid of both! I can’t believe that I don’t have to wear make-up anymore!
MY ACNE GONE! MY SCARS GONE! I’M SO HAPPY!I’ve had terrible acne and scarring for 15 years. I’ve tried just about everything to get rid of it. Nothing worked and I hated my terrible skin. AAMC’s amazing Dermabrasion and combined with 3 lasers has cleared up my face and healed my acne scarring. While not baby smooth yet, it’s the best I have looked in decades. I feel great and I am very grateful.
We have some internationally recognized, board-certified skin specialist who will help you find out the best course of treatment for you, but only after assessing your skin type and nature of acne scars.
Fractional CO2 Lasers are considered as the best treatment for acne scars but your doctor may combine it with other treatments to achieve maximum results in minimum time.
To get the most out of your acne scar treatment, it is always advised to first get the active acne under control. Treating active acne is important because the presence of acne scars on your face shows that you have a skin type that is prone to scarring.
If acne is not controlled, new acne breakouts can cause new scars, thus ruining your and your dermatologist’s all scar removal efforts.