What is Orthodontic Treatment?
Orthodontic treatment is a technique used to straighten your teeth with the goal of improving the overall appearance and help you achieve a perfect smile. It also helps with the long-term health of your teeth, gums and jaw joints. The treatment works by spreading the biting pressure evenly on all the teeth.
6 Mon to 2.5 Yrs
Very high Success Rate
It is perfectly suitable for anyone having crowded or crooked teeth. For men & women, the Orthodontic treatment in Dubai will straighten the crooked teeth or better the position of the teeth. It not only improves the appearance and the smile but makes them easier to clean as well. If you have the following issues, you might want to undergo the treatment.
Who is this treatment suitable for?
- If your front teeth stick out and look unsightly.
- If the upper and lower jaws are not in perfect harmony and result in unsightly looking teeth
- If your teeth don’t meet correctly while closing your mouth.
- If you want to bite more evenly and reduce the strain on your jaw.
What’s the suitable age for orthodontic treatment?
Well, the best time to undergo orthodontic treatment in Dubai or elsewhere is during childhood, but it doesn’t mean that the adults cannot undergo the treatment. However, if you want to get them for your children, you need to wait until they have all their permanent teeth in place.
Who will perform the treatment?
A dentist can perform orthodontic treatment in Dubai and elsewhere. There are specialists as well known by the name of the orthodontists. You can find them at any cosmetic or dental clinic. We at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offer you the best dental orthodontist with high experience, amazing prices, and offers.
What does it involve?
Your dentist will fully examine your teeth, gums, and jawline. He might take certain X-rays or models of your teeth. Afterward, you’ll be told about suitable options or an option. The treatment can begin once you are ready for it.
Will a person needs to have teeth taken out to make room?
You may not have sufficient room for all of your permanent teeth. If so, you may need to have some permanent teeth taken out to make some space. However, it is done on a very rare basis. There are other ways to go about it as well.
What kinds of braces are used?
Well, during orthodontic treatment in Dubai and elsewhere, braces are used. There are multiple kinds. I am enlisting the most commonly used ones below;
- Removable Brace – It is the simplest forms of braces available. If you don’t need much work, the treatment might be carried out with a removable brace. It is made up of delicate wires and springs. It repositions the teeth using gentle pressure.
- Fixed Brace – Oftentimes, your teeth require more work than a removable brace. Hence, a fixed brace is used. It comprises of certain brackets and bands which are stuck to the teeth for a little while. Only a dentist can take out the fixed brace.
- Functional Brace – The functional brace works by using the power of your jaw muscles and can help with certain types of dental issues. It is only used when you need a lot of work on your teeth and they are extremely crooked.
- Invisible Brace – Such braces are tough, clear plastic molds that are worn for a period of two weeks and afterward, they are replaced by the next one. They are quite discreet as compared to visible ones.
How long will the treatment take?
Well, having straight teeth requires a bit of patience on the client’s part. The length of treatment is dependent on the current condition of your teeth. It can take anywhere between 6 months to 2.5 years.
Will the treatment hurt?
Initially, you will feel uncomfortable because you are not used to having braces. However, the dentofacial orthopedics treatment in Dubai and elsewhere cannot be termed as painful. If it hurts, then you need to consult an orthodontist and ask him/her to make necessary adjustments to help.